ABOUT READY MIXED CONCRETE
To meet the increased demand for concrete paving, George P. Abel, Sr. founded Ready Mixed Concrete Company in 1929 and built one of the first permanent ready mixed plants in the nation at 18th & Y Streets in Lincoln, Nebraska. At that time, ready mixed concrete was mixed in loads of 3 cubic yards and delivered from the plant in dump trucks to Lincoln construction sites.
Today, Ready Mixed Concrete Company supplies concrete to job sites with 17 ready mixed plants and a fleet of more than 100 transit mixer trucks.
With the construction of the newest plant at 19th and Saltillo Road, Ready Mixed Concrete Company now operates 4 Lincoln locations that are world class, state-of-the-art plants as well as 6 other plants in southeast and central Nebraska. These plants are located in Ashland, Auburn, Aurora, Central City, Falls City, Geneva, Kearney, Hebron, Silver Creek, Nebraska City, Syracuse, Tecumseh and York.